Sponsored Links

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

How to Get Your Adsense Sites Indexed Quickly

I’ve been busy creating some new Adsense sites and I thought i’d share some thoughts on this blog about my experiments. In the past month, I’ve began diversifying my Internet Marketing strategy and one of the changes I’ve made is to cut down on Arbitrage sites and focus more on SEO.

I’ve gathered over 500 articles (Private Label) across 15 niches and have started putting the sites together using blogger and wordpress blogs and XsitePro for speed. Each site has about 30 pages targetting long tail keywords and one of the tasks that I’d have to overcome was getting the sites indexed quickly (within 48 hours).

It’s been one year since I last built a proper Adsense niche site and, as such, I had to learn about any new techniques to get indexed ranked quickly into the major search engines. Finding information on this was not very difficult. Most of my knowledge came from reading blog, forums, past experience and my own experiments.

Here are some of my findings:

- Websites in niches with over 1 million competition took longer to index than those that had less competition. The sites that had below 1 million competing websites (keyword without the quotes) took less than 48 hours to index into Google using my methods (explained later). An example of this is the “Stress Management” niche versus “Tennis Racquet Stringing Machines”.

- MSN is very easy to rank for keywords using just article submissions. I achieved top 3 rankings for a variety of keywords.

- Google indexed my sites quicker than Yahoo and Msn. Google took approximately 48 hours whereas MSN and Yahoo can take up to one week.

- The Title tag is very important for keyword ranking purposes. Your keyword should always be in the Title.

- After some of my sites got indexed in Google, pages from my sites started to show up for long tail keywords, most of them on page 2.

- Blogger blogs did not rank better than wordpress or xsitepro built sites.

- Submitting sites using just OnlyWire did not get any sites indexed within 48 hours.

- Submitting sites to Netscape indexed some sites within 48 hours.

How I Got Indexed

I knew that getting indexed was all about getting links but the problem was how to generate lots of links in a short space of time. I had always went down the article writing route in the past, but writing articles was boring and one of the main reasons why I stopped creating Adsense sites to focus more on arbitrage.

For this experiment, I used a combination of the following methods:

- Submitted stories to Netscape

- Bookmarked to OnlyWire

- Submitted one article to Article Marketer

- Outsourced directory submissions (at DigitalPoint Forums)
- Used Comment Hut to comment on Blogs

Using the methods above, all of the pages on my site were indexed by Google and some of them are beginning to show on MSN and Yahoo. I’m seeing a small trickle of traffic going to my newly built sites and I’m confident that I’ll be able to grab some good keyword rankings with more backlinks.

Steps For The Future

I realise that to be efficient at ranking and indexing, more control is needed. Due to this, I’ll be aiming to create (and purchase) a network of high PR blogs and sites that they can be used to link to new sites so that they can be indexed quicker.

Final Thoughts

Overall, it was a nice experience going back to creating Adsense sites. With more PLR sites than ever before, finding content for a site is easy. Hopefully after few more weeks of linkbuilding, I’ll be able to see some Adsense and Affiliate earnings from my 15 new sites.

If all goes well, I’ll begin developing a more efficient system for indexing and ranking in search engines using long term whitehat strategies.

No comments: